Add Your AOL Mail Account to Outlook 2011 Mac Using IMAP
To set up your Outlook client to work with AOL:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2011. If you have just installed Outlook 2011 it will show in your Dock.
- If you see a Welcome to Outlook screen, click Add Account. Otherwise click Tools > Accounts > Add Account from the Apple Menu bar.
- Now we need to manually enter in our settings similar to the following.
- Enter your email address, password and user name.
- Select IMAP for type
- Incoming server : imap.aol.com / Either 993 (SSL) or 143 (or very infrequently 585)
- Outgoing server : smtp.aol.com / 587 (TLS) (or very infrequently 2525)
- Click Add Account
- Use Incoming server info for Authentication
- Click OK
If you've entered everything in correctly, task will be completed successfully and you can close out of the window and begin using your account via Outlook 2011 mac.
Import your old POP account into the newly created IMAP account
If you currently keep a copy of your mail on the server, then you're done! But if you delete them from the server, then you have to import your old POP mail into your IMAP. Here's how to do it
- Click the Tools tab
- Click Import
- Click Outlook Data File (.pst or .olm), and then click the right arrow to continue.
- Browse, your backup (.pst) or (.olm) file to import
- Now you can check your back up data on outlook
- And the very important thing is you have to disable your old POP account from the Outlook, Otherwise they will continue to receive email in the old POP account.
- Go to Account settings
- Delete your old pop account
Setting up your Sent folder properly
- From the Accounts window, select Advanced.
- Click Folders.
- From the Sent drop-down, select Sent Mail (Server).